• Initiated as a computer department of a mother company named Metro Co., Ltd. (Sri Krung Wattana).
• Appointed to be a system remarketer and authorized dealer of IBM products and installation service.
• Officially founded Metro Systems Corporation Limited on January 6, 1986 with a registered capital of 4 MB.
• Appointed as IBM’s first business partner in Southeast Asia.
• Constantly upgraded IT system usage, starting from IBM System/3 to IBM System/34 and IBM System/36.
• Became the first user of IBM System/38 in Asia.
• Continually established subsidiary and affiliated companies to overspread all business areas with a wide range of IT solutions and services.
• Enlarged better after-sales services by setting up computer & software training center and customer services center.
• Developed an in-house software application like ERP in Thai version for internal use and sale.
Growth Thru Innovation
• Increased a registered capital to 180 MB and became a public company, listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET)
• Invested over than 500 MB to construct the new headquarter “Metro Campus” covering an area of 18 rais on Chalermprakiat Rama 9 Road, commenced in September 1994 and was officially opened up on January 8, 1997.
• Implemented a fully advanced IT infrastructure such as powerful multi-computerized system, system monitoring application and networking system, including high speed fiber optic, UTP CAT5 and Ethernet switching system.
Fine–tuning for Survival
• Restructured the organization and business processes to survive during economic crisis – Tom Yam Kung.
• Formed Y2K team to tackle computer malfunction due to Year2000 problem.
• Prepared for the upcoming online business by setting up “NIMBUS” team or “Net is Metro Business” that’s now an e-Business Solutions unit.
Growth Thru Transformation
• Increased the registered capital to 360 MB. • Reformed business groups to optimize the overall efficiency with proactive product & marketing strategies.
• Achieved ISO 9001:2000 certified to all business processes across the enterprise.
• Upgraded the existing training center to be the product certification testing and training center of renowned brands like IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, Trend Micro, Prometic and VUE.
• Developed our people to be certified in their area of expertise to excel customer services.
• Started to continuously develop the state-of-the-art Technology Centers with the proof of concept to envision the new IT trends that empower business performance.
• Continued to grow steadily as an business alliance of global IT leading companies including IBM, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, Cisco, Hyperion, Epson, Canon, Imation, etc.
• Developed www.metro-oa.com to online purchase order of office supply products.
• Spent over 80 MB to renovate IT infrastructure by installing 10 Gbps fiber optic and IP networking and unified communication technology.
• Renovated Data Center with the concept of ‘capacity on demand’ based on virtualization technology.
• Determined to provide comprehensive products and services to meet customer requirement.
• Stepped ahead to continuously maintain quality standard by ISO 9001:2015 ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified.
• Renovated Data center again under the concept of Hybrid cloud and upgraded high speed fiber optic networking to 20 Gbps.
• Implemented IBM FlashSystem A9000R 1.8 PB ready for the era of big data and digital media world.